Monday, November 9, 2009

This one was done at the St. Augustine Art Association's figure session. It's on Mondays from 7-10pm. They do a few 5 minute warm up poses to start and go into the long pose for the rest of the evening. This took about two and a half hours. I'm starting to like profiles a lot more now. I think it's because it looks like the subject isn't posing. To me, it looks like the artist captured a moment of time when the subject was doing something else or thinking about something else. It's also a different way of looking at a face, and since it's simpler to draw, I can get more done within the time limit. After a while, if you go to enough of these sessions, you start seeing the same models. So I think this is a slightly different way of looking at her.

Feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment